On Thursday afternoon while the receivership question was being argued in Court an attorney appeared for the owner of the property on which Sportsman's Park is located, and wanted to know what chance there was for his client to collect his rent from Receiver Muckenfuss. He said that a year's rent was due. The Court told the attorney to wait until after the question of foreclosure had been disposed of on January 5.
-Sporting Life, December 31, 1898
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me