B.S. Muckenfuss will not be dispossessed of his receivership of the St. Louis Base Ball Club for some time to come. The hearing on Mr. Kinnerk's motion, set aside for Monday morning in Judge Wood's court, was laid over indefinitely, Mr. Kinnerk asked the postponement. Judge Wood has adjourned court until Aug. 30, so that no steps to remove Mr. Muckenfuss or have the receivership set aside can take place before that date.
-Sporting Life, August 27, 1898
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me