Judge Tally has handed down a decree in the Von der Ahe divorce case, which was heard before him last Friday. He gives Mrs. Von der Ahe $1,000 alimony and her maiden name, and incidentally pays her a high compliment on her conduct and appearance in court. Before her marriage to the baseball magnate Mrs. Von der Ahe was Miss Della Wells.
-Copper Country (Calumet, Mich.) Evening News, May 13, 1898
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me