In the Circuit Court to-day [February 8] Judge Spencer over-ruled the motion of Chris Von der Ahe for a new trial of the case of the Mississippi Valley Trust Company vs. Sportsman's Park. The sale probably will take place about March 15. Mr. Von der Ahe will now appeal to the Supreme Court. Mr. Kinnerk, Von der Ahe's attorney, stated recently that his client will not attempt to give bond. In that event the appeal will not stay the sale, but the purchaser will buy subject to the action of the Supreme Court.
-Sporting Life, February 11, 1899
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me