The Commercial Base Ball Club was organized on Thursday evening and the following officers elected: W.W. Sanford, President; B. Davidson, Vice-President; Eugene Karst, Secretary and Treasurer. Directors-David Hutcheson, John Cross, John Scott. The ground selected is on Ham street, between Chouteau avenue and Hickory street. The Club will play on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 5 o'clock, and Thursday mornings at 4 1/2 o'clock.
-St. Louis Daily Bulletin, June 16, 1860
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me