Charles F. Joy, Mark Baldwin's counsel, says: "The case of Baldwin against Von der Ahe for $10,000 for false imprisonment, will come up in Philadelphia next week, after many continuances. Von der Ahe has staved off the case so long that he will have to come to terms or go ahead with the case. He has already offered $2000 in settlement, and we have refused. I think we can get judgment against him for at least $6,000.
-New York Clipper, December 17, 1892
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me