President Von der Ahe, of the St. Louis Club, was on March 1, at Pittsburg, Pa., refused a new trial in the damage suit brought by Mark Baldwin, the ex-professional pitcher. The verdict was $2525 for the plaintiff on the second trial, and Von der Ahe will now have to pay the amount.
-New York Clipper, March 6, 1897
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me