The Supreme Court at Philadelphia, Pa., on Jan. 3, affirmed the decision of the Common Pleas Court at Pittsburg in awarding Mark Baldwin damages in the sum of $2,500 against Chris. Von der Ahe, president of the St. Louis Club. The suit grew out of charges of conspiracy made by Von der Ahe against Baldwin during the troublesome times of the Brotherhood strife.
-New York Clipper, January 8, 1898
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me