Mr. Von der Ahe, in the breach-of-promise suit of Miss Anna Kaiser, has received a change of venue on the ground that it would not be possible for him to secure a fair trial in St. Louis. After hearing testimony to that effect, Judge Spencer granted the change to any Circuit Court outside St. Louis.
-Sporting Life, March 20, 1897
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me