The suit of Pitcher Mark Baldwin, of the Pottsville Club, of the Pennsylvania State League, formerly with the Chicago, Pittsburg, New York and other clubs, against President Von der Ahe, of the St. Louis Club, to recover $10,000 for false arrest, was placed on trial May 20, at Pittsburg, Pa., and was still on when we went to press.
-New York Clipper, May 25, 1895
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me