Chris On Top Again.
Baldwin Won't Finger Von Der Ahe's Cash Just Yet.
Pittsburg, Pa., Feb. 15. - A new trial was granted to-day in the case of Mark Baldwin vs. Chris Von der Ahe, in which the plaintiff secured a verdict for $2500 for alleged malicious prosecution...A motion for a new trial was made on the ground that an attempt had been made to influence the jury.
-Sporting Life, February 22, 1896
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me