President Von der Ahe, of the St. Louis Browns, was in a happy frame of mind this evening just prior to his departure for Boston with his champions. The genial Chris did not seem disheartened by the defeat of his pets at the hands of the Michigan sluggers, and he smiled good naturedly enough when Arlie Latham chipped: "Hard luck, boss, that's what done it this trip."
-St. Louis Globe-Democrat, October 18, 1887
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me