Should the Detroits beat the Browns, the latter will have good excuses to offer. Comiskey has a broken thumb, Robinson a very bad hand, Foutz a broken thumb, Bushong a broken finger, and Caruthers hasn't been feeling well. But very likely they'll all get in trim by October 10.
-St. Louis Globe-Democrat, October 2, 1887
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me