Have I ever mentioned how much I love 19th century newspaper ads? They're just fantastic and even these ads for the series, which are rather tame when compared to other newspaper ads of the day, are great. They knew how to do advertising back in the 19th century with great, eye-grabbing graphics. And the products were sometimes rather bizarre. Reading the 19th century classifieds is like taking a trip to a museum of quackery. Great stuff.
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me