Married and Single Men.—A correspondent is anxious for another match game of base ball between the married and single men of the Cyclone, Morning Star and Commercial Clubs. He suggests Gamble’s Addition as the place for the match, and thinks the married men would come off victorious. He is evidently a married man.
-Missouri Republican, May 31, 1861
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me