I almost posted this ad a few times and since I posted that detail from the Spalding ad yesterday, I might as well go ahead and do it. Because I just love this ad. I just love the image of that baseball player on the right with Kiffe on the front of the jersey. It's a great ad. Great imagery. Just look at that banner on the left, beneath the hand holding the ball. Look at that font underneath that. Fantastic stuff. This copy I grabbed from Sporting Life, April 10, 1897.
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me