St. Louis has five organised Base Ball Clubs; all of which are in full blast, the Empire taking the lead, having challenged any club to play them a friendly match, which is not accepted as yet. A match between some of the clubs would create quite a stir, as it is a beautiful game and meets with the approval of all in that section.
-New York Clipper, June 30, 1860
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me