In 1888 [Thomas C. Nicholson] was engaged by President Von der Ahe for his White Stocking team, of the Western Association, and after participating in thirty-four championship games as a second baseman, the team was disbanded, and Nicholson returned to the Wheeling team, of the Tri-State League...
-New York Clipper, March 6, 1897
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me