The Washington University Club was a strong combination of young players being excellent fielders and strong batters who essayed to down the Union Club on June 2. The weather was so excessively hot that both nines exhibited but little energy, the play of the Unions, however, showing improvement.
-The Sporting News, December 14, 1895
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me