From our Laramie Correspondent.
Fort Laramie, D.T.,
March 24, 1866...
Besides the theatre, the officers and men have a New York base ball club, and many an exciting
match of this truly American game has been played this winter on our parade ground.
-Kansas City Daily Journal of Commerce, April 6, 1866
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me