The match game between the married and single men of the Commercial Base Ball Club of this city, came off Saturday, and resulted as follows: Married, 21; single, 29. As a matter of course, they demanded satisfaction, and there will be another game two weeks from Saturday, at Lafayette Park.
-Missouri Republican, June 28, 1863
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me