I love 19th century advertising. That should come as no surprise to anyone who's been following along over the years. I have, on more than one occasion, threatened to start a blog devoted to nothing but 19th century newspaper advertising. But, since there isn't enough time in the day to do everything, I just content myself with periodically posting an ad that really grabs me. And this is one such ad. It comes from the March 26, 1898, issue of Sporting Life and is just fantastic. Love it.
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me