The game between the Chicago White Stockings and the St. Louis Empires yesterday was a pretty good game, but was not very successful financially. There were conflicting statements as to whether the game would come off or not, and people were not willing to go so far on an uncertainty. The consequence was, the attendance was very slim.
-St. Louis Republican, May 11, 1875
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me