The following ten championship matches have already been arranged for the St. Louis: May 1 and 4 with the Red Stockings; May 6 and 9 with the Chicago White Stockings, in St. Louis; May 11 and 13 with the Westerns, in Keokuk; May 19 and 22 with the White Stockings, in Chicago; May 25 and 27 with the Westerns, in St. Louis. In addition to the regular championship games they have arranged to play the Nationals of St. Louis at the Grand Avenue park on April 10th, and the Olympics at Louisville.
These are the championship matches of the Red Stockings so far arranged: May 1 and 4, with the St. Louis; May 6 and 8, with the Westerns, at Keokuk; May 11 and 13, with the White Stockings in St. Louis; May 19 and 22, with the Westerns in St. Louis; May 25 and 27, with the White Stockings, in Chicago. They will also play the Atlantics at their own park to-day. The price of season tickets to the Grand Avenue park has been fixed at $15, and they are now on sale at Graffen & Floyd's baseball headquarters, on Olive street, near Seventh.
-St. Louis Republican, April 4, 1875
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me