The Brown socks left last night for Keokuk where they play the professional Westerns to-day and Thursday, returning Friday or perhaps Thursday night. Bradley being quite ill of a serious billious attack, did not go up with them. Change Pitcher Fleet will serve to-day, and although no such pitcher as Bradley he will prove all sufficient to defeat the Westerns. A full report of the game of to-day will appear in to-morrow's Republican.
-St. Louis Republican, May 11, 1875
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me