The challenge which the Union base ball club of this city some time ago sent to the Empire club to play a match game of ball for the championship of the state, has been accepted by the Empire. The game will be played at the base ball park on Thursday the twenty-third day of this month.
-Missouri Republican, June 9, 1870
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me