A match game of base ball between the Bluffs and Eagle, of [Belleville, Illinois,] came off on the 4th. the score stood, 90 for the former and 23 for the latter. The Unions, of St. Louis, have challenged the Bluffs, which has been accepted - the play to come off during the latter part of this month.
-Missouri Republican, July 8, 1868
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me