Nine members of the Union Base Ball Club, of this city, have departed on a short tour. To-morrow they will contest for victory with the Buckeye Club of Cincinnati. The original intention was to visit Chicago, Indianapolis, and Louisville; but owing to some reason, we understand, this design has been abandoned. We hope whatever the Union boys do play, they will win honor for themselves.
-Missouri Republican, August 19, 1868
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me