The coming week promises to be quite an exciting one among the base ballers of this city. In addition to two or three matches between the home clubs, the "Buckeye," of Cincinnati, will arrive here on Monday, and the same afternoon will play the Union Club, and on Tuesday the Empire. It is confidently expected that both of these clubs will do their "level best" to win some of those fresh laurels which the "Buckeyes" have been gathering during their late tour...
We are informed that a new club is being started by some of our most reliable and energetic young merchants.
-Missouri Republican, July 26, 1868
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me