There is a little unpleasant feeling between the Empire and Union Clubs of this city resulting from the match of last Thursday, and much argument is made both pro and con concerning the referee's decision in regard to the eighth inning. It is to be hoped that no useless divisions will creep in to mar the harmony of this sport, and that two large clubs will not get at loggerheads for the honest decision of a referee.
-Missouri Republican, June 21, 1868
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me